Check out my journal entry here for more wish lists: moonsongwolf.deviantart.com/jo…
You can even add your own!
Here is my holiday wish list, since a couple of people asked.
1. A safe and happy holiday for my family and friends (both in real life and here on DA).
2. Please consider making a donation to one of the following charitable organizations:
- FREELAND Foundation: freeland.org/eng/ This organization focuses on illegal wildlife trafficking and human slavery, primarily in Southeast Asia. My friend ~HeWhoWalksWithTigers is currently in Thailand working with FREELAND and speaks highly of the work that they do, particularly in regards to the protection of tigers
- HeroRats: www.apopo.org/en/ Operated by Belgian NGO APOPO, HeroRats trains Gambian giant rats to detect landmines and tuberculosis in parts of Africa and Asia
- Endangered Species Fund of Canada: www.junglecatworld.com/donate.… Operated by Jungle Cat World, donations go to both in situ endangered species conservation programs (focused primarily on Amur leopards, Amur tigers, and the snow leopard) and to the care of the animals located at Jungle Cat World. As all administrative and personnel costs come out of JCW's operating budget, all donations to their Endangered Species Fund go directly toward charity action.
- Canadian Peace Alliance: www.acp-cpa.ca/en/ A Canadian umbrella organization for several different campaigns, mainly focusing on issues of war and racism.
- Mainely Rat Rescue: mainelyratrescue.org/rattieblo… This is the only group that I have not worked with either directly or indirectly. However, I have heard nothing but praise for their work with rescuing my beloved furry rodent pals.
3. Donate used towels, blankets, or toys to your local vet clinic or animal shelter.
6. I don't need much in the way of "stuff," since my place is already quite cluttered. However, my pet rats would be more than happy to accept gifts of treats or toys!
7. Cards/postcards, small trinkets, or even mailable candies from your country. If you send me a card or postcard, I will mail one to you, too!
Please note me if you need my address. I am located in Canada.
And, it's a bit early, but safe holidays to you all.